Rules and Regulations
- Students must reach school on time. Late comers are not allowed to enter the campus, if they don't have a valid reason for being late. The reason should be recorded in the diary.
- Every student must carry a copy of the Student's Diary and it should be brought to the School daily. The student's diary keeps parents informed of the day to day performance / progress and short comings of their ward. Parents are requested to check the diary daily and to keep in touch with the school if there is any adverse remark about the ward. Parents are requested to furnish all particulars required in the diary.
- Personal cleanliness and hygiene are expected from all. Shabby, uncombed and long hair is not permitted. Fancy haircuts are not allowed either. Hair should always be well groomed and for girls with long hair, it should be neatly tied back.
- Students must have the complete school uniform exact in colour and pattern prescribed. A student without proper uniform is asked to return home.
- Running, shouting and playing inside the school building is forbidden. Silence must be observed when moving around the school building.
- If a student is late or absent, he / she must bring a written explanation in the "Absence Record / Late coming Record" in the student's diary.
- No student leaves the school premises without the permission of the Principal.
- The school is not responsible for books, money, valuables, clothes and other articles that are lost. Students must take care of their own belongings. It is not advisable to have money or valuable articles with them. All are advised to carry their books in secure bags that can be locked.
- No books (other than those prescribed and library books), comics, newspapers, periodicals etc. shall be brought to the school without the consent of the school authorities. Floppy discs, CD - ROMs, DVDs, Audio Cassettes, Video Cassettes, CDs, Electronic equipment like MP3 players, GSM are strictly prohibited.
- All curricular, co-curricular, extra-curricular activities, literary and cultural programs and sports and games are compulsory for students, unless prevented to do so on medical grounds.
- Any damage done to school property is to be made good. Students throwing waste material are warned. Remember to keep the school premises clean.
- All students are responsible to the school authorities for their behavior both in and outside the school. Any objectionable behavior reported or observed outside the school premises on the part of the students is dealt with severely.
- Disrespect and disobedience to teachers / supervisors, use of abusive language and any kind of misconduct is met with serious punishment and may lead to dismissal.
- Students with irregular attendance and conduct injurious to the moral tone of the school may be asked to leave the school.
- Morning assembly is compulsory for all students.
- Students should respect their teachers and fellow- students and behave decorously at all times.
- The one key rule - not only for school, but for life is "Behave with honesty, courtesy and common sense at all times."
- STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO CARRY OR USE MOBILE PHONES IN THE SCHOOL.
- GUESTS: Any visitor to our school is a guest. As at home, we stand up to welcome them. We offer them a seat or show them to the office or to the person they want to meet.
- A word or note of thanks is not only an essential ingredient of daily life, but gives so much pleasure to both sides.
- Always ensure that the person with whom you are talking has your full attention. Don't be distracted in the middle of a conversation as this is considered rude.
- English is to be spoken at all times, in the campus. Students speaking in any other language while at school are fined. Birla Public School is an English medium school and each student is obliged to promote English as the language for communication.
A special request to Parents:
- Give the school your trust and co-operation.
- Ensure that your children respect, obey and co-operate with the teachers.
- Support the various activities of the school.
- Give quality time to your child at home.
- Parents have to submit a written application for leave and obtain the necessary permission from the Principal before their child / children proceed on leave. Parents are advised to meet the Principal with their child / children before they attend classes after long leave.
- Application for leave on medical grounds should be supported by authentic medical certificates.
- Absence without permission should be avoided. A student's name is struck off the rolls if he / she is absent for 15 working days unless the leave is sanctioned by the Principal in advance. Such students are admitted only after paying re-admission fee and all dues up to the date of re-admission. The final decision regarding this matter is left to the discretion of the Principal.
- At least 85 % attendance is necessary to be considered for promotion.
- Granting of leave does not necessarily mean that the student's name will be retained in the register indefinitely. It is liable to be struck off on the expiry of the leave granted or in the event of non-payment of fees.
- No leave is granted during the examination period.